Eve

The Milk Farm: An Erotic Novel
Luc Milne
At Home: A Short History of Private Life
Bill Bryson
The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
Neil A. Fiore
Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More
Elisa Viperas
Forever in One Second - Finn Marlowe When they were kids, Court was best friends with Dane's big brother, Ted. Dane was jealous and called him names, and got called some names back - it's pretty funny when the adult Court calls Dane "Dane the Pain". But then Court moved away and Ted died. Now Court has moved back to town and he's got physical and mental scars from some very bad experiences. He saves Dane's life with a special ability he has and he and Dane start seeing each other. Adventures ensue, including international travel, bad guys, gun fights, and close calls. The danger never feels that scary or real but more as a vehicle for both heroes to show off their cleverness and resourcefulness, but that was okay for me in this book.

If I hadn't read Thread of Deepest Black, I don't know if I would have had the patience to read through the beginning of this one. It started out with an action sequence that nonetheless dragged for me. However, once the two guys meet and start interacting with each other, I couldn't put this book down and read the rest of the book wanting to smile the whole time. The guys are really cute together, and all the (very lengthy) sex scenes here are both hot and humorous which is something I remember from Thread as well. The book is decently plotted, a very sweet romance, contains a number of good entertaining side characters, and is not a short book but in spite of some serious subjects is written with such a light tone that I blitzed through it.